Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day Lego T-shirt

The other day, I bought my daughter an adorable outfit that will be perfect for Valentine's Day! I got it 70% off! I don't usually like to spend a lot of money on a shirt or outfit they can only wear once, so when I saw the price was 70% off, I couldn't resist.

This caused a dilemma, though -- I have an outfit for my daughter to wear on Valentine's Day, but nothing for my son. It's harder to find cute Valentine's shirts for boys, I think. I wanted to come up with something on my own that doesn't cost a lot, but makes a nice statement.

My son likes loves Legos and I knew I wanted to incorporate that into my idea somehow.  A Lego t-shirt would be nice. Then I remembered 'I can design a t-shirt'! If you need something quick for a boy or girl to wear for Valentine's Day or any other special occasion and they won't need to wear it too many times, then this is a great idea for you, too!

Here's what I did:

Step 1: I bought a white t-shirt at Hobby Lobby for about $4. I already had the inkjet transfer paper, but you can get that there as well. The packet is $8.99, but I bought mine with a 40% off coupon. There are 7 sheets, so you can make even more!

Step 2: I designed my Lego man with a heart, then reversed it because it will be the mirror image once it is ironed on the shirt. The same with the words "Happy Valentine's Day"

Step 3: Print the design on transfer paper.

Step 4: Cut out the design making sure to leave a border because the color can bleed if too close to the edge.

Step 5: Hold up the shirt and pat myself on the back because it's pretty darn cute!!!

If you'd like this for your Lego-loving son, just check out my Etsy shop. It's only $3 for the design!!!

Start with a plain white t-shirt




Print and cut out the design, making sure to leave a border when you cut out the design:


So cute and ready to wear for Valentine's Day!






Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment