Search This Blog

Friday, June 13, 2014

Pen Pal Mail Art

This is sort of a random post, but I'm really starting to get into mail art. It might be good timing for you if you've decided to have a pen pal for you or your children this summer. It would be fun to send decorative envelopes to friends, cousins, grandparents, etc.  I've seen so many beautiful envelopes on Pinterest and around the Web and decided to make my own.

My husband has a sister who lives in Germany. We send letters back and forth. Of course we e-mail and include pictures that way to keep her updated on our lives here in the States, but to actually hold something in your hand from a relative over seas is more fun! 

Here is the first one I sent her for Easter. She wrote back telling me how much she enjoyed the getting the letter with interesting art and their mailman commented as well. It's fun to get letters, but when they have an unexpected twist, it's even more exciting! 



My daughter wrote to her as well and I stacked the letters on top of each other and placed them in the largest envelope (at top in picture).


This is what was inside the pink envelope (an Easter card). Just some cute little shapes that we stamped onto paper and cut out. 


Hope you decide to make your mail creative and exciting this summer!








No comments:

Post a Comment