Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Room Mom Journal - choosing a classroom craft for Thanksgiving

I'm very excited to have the task of coming up with a craft to do with my daughter's Kindergarten class for Thanksgiving. Another mother who also volunteers suggested we do something for Thanksgiving even though we don't have an actual party where volunteers can come and share with the children. Of course, I loved the idea!! She and I are just going to pick a craft and share with the class. The teacher gave us permission to do so, and now we can come up with some really cute ideas. Of course, I have to check out Pinterest. It never seems to disappoint. We like the following ideas:

Pinned Image
From associatedcontent.com

Pinned Image
From katherinemariephotography.com

Pinned Image
From shareandremember.blogspot.com


Pinned Image
Pinned from Pinterest for iPhone

I may have mentioned before that we need to be aware of gluten, dairy and peanut allergies, but I could find something safe using the idea below. I may even just use paper to make cornucopias and fill with Chex Mix or something. I saw that they are gluten free. I'd like to add candy corn. I'll double check with the school to be sure.
Pinned Image
From food.tipjunkie.com



Pinned Image
From animaljr.com

 That's just a small sample of what we found, but we liked these the best as far as difficulty level being pretty low, with the exception of the paint on the plate due to the mess that could be involved, but kids love that!

Stay tuned to see what we decide and to see how it all turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment