Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Family Command Center (part one)

I don't know about you, but I am forever trying to come up with a better solution for organizing my family's items, such as bookbags, totes, coats, etc. As well as a place for hanging a centralized calendar. We have a hall closet for coats, hats and mittens, but there's usually one main jacket or coat each of my children like wearing the most. It would be a lot more convenient to have a spot to hang their jackets along with their bookbags for school. I also have a calendar hanging on the fridge, but don't always remember to look at it. My husband usually leaves before I get the kids ready for school and to have something to look at as we're leaving for the day would be a helpful reminder to see what the other has going on.  I always say that if I had a mudroom, organizing would be much easier!! However, no mudroom for me. So, it was time to plan something. I needed ideas, so I checked out Pinterest.

Ever heard of Pinterest? It's an amazing place where you can find picture ideas for just about anything you can think of. If you're planning a wedding and need invitation or decorating ideas -- go to Pinterest. If you need ideas for a family command center like I did -- go to Pinterest. If you're looking for teacher gift ideas -- go to Pinterest. If you want playroom ideas -- go to, well, you get the idea. Pinterest is pretty cool!

I'll give you an example, I searched for family command center and found this:

Pinned Image
From theyellowcapecod.com

Isn't it cool? It's not a mudroom, but it's a great idea for me -- someone who has a wall that I can definitely use as a "mudroom" of sorts. I don't think I would have thought about this on my own. Sad, but true.

And this:
Pinned Image
From orgjunkie.com

I talked my husband into helping me out with this project. It took a while, but he finally had time to help me out with it. I'll reveal the almost-final picture tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment