Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Room Mom Journal - getting to know you form

As a parent, I like giving and/or making gifts for our teachers, but I don’t always know them personally enough to pick out the best gift. So this year, I asked our teachers to complete a “Getting to Know You” page and made copies to send to all of the students' parents so they will have it in case it will be useful them as well. I also let the parents know that they are not obligated to buy the teacher anything and that we will have three opportunities for a group gift throughout the year. I don't want anyone to feel pressured, but if they're wanting to do something special for the teacher, then they'll have the information. 

Here are the questions:

What is:
your favorite color?

your favorite place to eat out?

your favorite coffee, drink, etc.?

your favorite food?

your favorite season?

your favorite fast food?

your favorite candy?

your favorite snack?

your favorite book?
your favorite author?

your favorite hobby?

your favorite animal?

your favorite flower?

By the end of the school year, my classroom usually needs:

Any wish list items for your classroom?

When is your birthday?



Since I don't want to leave you without a picture, here's a gift I gave to one of my daughter's preschool teacher last year. (I have several others to show as well in future posts). I didn't know her favorite colors or I would have used those -- the "getting to know you" page would have been useful. She still acted like she like it, though. 

Anyway, clipboards are a great idea for a teacher. I'll show the ones I gave for Christmas last year using our school colors in a couple weeks when I start talking about Christmas. Let's get Halloween celebrated first. : )




Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment