Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Idea for serving ice cream at a birthday party

This is a follow-up to my previous post about my daughter's bookworm party. Usually for birthday parties, the one thing I really am not crazy about doing is dipping the ice cream. Cutting the cake, fine, but dipping the ice cream -- really? If it's too hard, it's a pain. If it's too soft, it's messy. So hard to get it just right. So I planned ahead this year. I bought waffle cone bowls from the grocery, lined them up on cookie sheets, filled them with ice cream, covered them in plastic wrap and put in the freezer until it was time to serve them at the party. I was pretty proud of myself for that idea! : ) These kind of ideas don't happen everyday, so when they do, I'll get on my blog and toot my own horn. : ) Just kidding. They did work out great, though!

Hope the idea may be useful to you someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment