Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Halloween trick-or-treat bag (Ghost handprint)

When looking for Halloween craft ideas for my children, I came across this one. I think it's from Family Fun, but I can't seem to find it again. Once I do, I'll be sure to post a link.

It was fairly simple.

You'll need:
1. paper plates
2. tempera paints (I used purple, orange and black)
3. googly eyes
4. fabric glue
5. Fabric markers
5. tote bags (I purchased mine at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon)

You also may want to put down newspaper or use an orange plastic table cover like I did to minimize the clean up time.

STEP 1: Use one paper plate for each color. Pour paint onto paper plate. You can use a paint brush to brush the paint onto your child's hand or just let them go for it and smoosh it around with their own hand until it's covered -- about 2 seconds flat!!

STEP 2: With tote carefully flattened in front of your child and with your help, help them to lower their hand onto the bag and press. I need to mention that the ghosts look more like ghosts if the handprint is upside down and fingers are close together. So, to do that, just set the tote in front of them with the handle pointing towards them and remind them to put their fingers closer together -- my children automatically wanted to spread their fingers but whatever works. Then, lift their hand straight up.

STEP 3: Repeat Step 2 two more times to get three ghosts like we did, but make as many as you'd like, of course.

STEP 4: Let the paint on the tote dry.

STEP 5: Once dry, add the googley eyes with fabric glue.

STEP 6: Add more decorating with the fabric markers. My kids loved this part!

STEP 7: Use for trick-or-treat and enjoy!!!



The finished product:


No comments:

Post a Comment