Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Why I started this blog

I've decided to start a blog after three or so years of reading others and being inspired by them. My intent is to publish crafts I create with my children and also include other items I come up with or I find from others. My hope is that I will provide you with inspiration as others have provided me. I'm also sharing my journey as a room parent for my children's classrooms and will hopefully inspire other room parents with my ideas and experiences.

Thanks for taking time to read my blog! I have much experience with looking at other blogs for ideas and I've learned it's much more fun to read a blog that includes pictures with their posts. So I will do the same and hopefully always have a picture to share with you.

The picture I will share with you today is a picture of cupcakes I made for my youngest child's classroom last year for Halloween. ~Another thing I love about the blog world is all the inspiration for classroom treats so I thought I'd share one of my treats with you. I wasn't a room parent last year, but I still wanted to be involved as much as possible and signing up for treats was one way of doing that.

These are easy to do. You just need a box of cupcake mix, icing, chocolate to melt and a chocolate cupcake pick mold. I used a bat mold by Wilton for the chocolate that I bought at JoAnn's. I'm sure it was either already 30-40% off or I had a coupon. STEP 1: Just bake cupcakes according to the box -- I should mention that most of my ideas are super easy!! I like to make things from scratch, but sometimes it's hard to beat a box mix!! STEP 2:  bake and then let cool.  STEP 3:  While the cupcakes are cooling so you can frost them is a good time to melt chocolate for the bat cupcakes picks. Melt chocolate by putting in a bowl in the microwave for about 1 minute, then 30 second intervals until melted; pour into molds and put in refrigerator for about 15 minutes or longer, depending. STEP 4: Frost the cupcakes, sprinkle and add the bat pick.

Super easy and pretty cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment