Search This Blog

Monday, October 17, 2011

Family Command Center (part two)

Remember my idea pictures from yesterday? Well, here's what I came up with for my own family command center, thanks to the ideas I saw on Pinterest and around the web.

My husband added bead board and the peg board along the wall in our entrance from our garage. Now the kids have a spot for their backpacks and can grab them on their way off to school.


I added the magnetic calendar and dry erase board from the Board Dudes. I picked them up at Hobby Lobby for 30% off. The top one is a dry erase calendar and the bottom is just a blank dry erase board for messages. I also purchased the locker basket at Staples. This is where I put items that need signed or need taken with us when we run errands. I also noticed that I need to straighten my rug, but I hope you can overlook that. 


Overall, I really love it! This wall was doing nothing but just sitting there blank. Now it's an organized and usable space. It's still not complete, however. I'd like to add pictures or maybe a shelf like my idea picture in the previous post, but the main part is complete and I couldn't be happier with it! A special thanks to my husband for making my "mudroom wall" a reality. 

By the way, here is the before (eeeewwww -- so plain!). I cropped my hubby out of the pic for his privacy. You can see how blank and un-utilized the wall is!


One thing I can say is, at least we already had the idea to use our metal door for our kids' pictures -- just not too handy for keeping us organized. I also replaced the rug in front of the door. I like the new one much better!



No comments:

Post a Comment